PINK RIBBON GIRLS OF DAYTON AWARDED $45K MATCHING GRANT FROM THE LESTER AND SUE SMITH FOUNDATION’S PINK WELL CHALLENGE
DAYTON, OH October 20 — The Lester and Sue Smith Foundation announced 30 finalists in the Pink Well Challenge, a fundraising effort offering $1 million in matching grants to organizations engaged in breast cancer research, prevention, treatment and patient support throughout the U.S. Pink Ribbon Girls of Dayton, a local group servicing nine counties in the Miami Valley, was selected as a “Top 20” finalist from over 150 applicants from all over the country and is the only non-profit selected from Ohio
Check it out at FOX19 Click here to check out the video
Our LOVE YOUR GIRLS program provides education and support through our website, social and print media, as well as public speaking forums, pink game days, community events and collaborations with other breast cancer organizations.
You can LOVE YOUR GIRLS through:
- Requesting a public speaker.
- Organizing a Pink Game Day.
- Scheduling a fundraiser.
- Volunteering for Pink Ribbon Girls.
- Becoming a Pink Ribbon Girl.
- Following us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Attending Pink Ribbon Girl events throughout the year.
Through our NO AGE NO STAGE program, Pink Ribbon Girls can meet the needs of any breast cancer patient, regardless of age or stage of cancer with the following free services during treatment: Healthy Meals, Housekeeping, Transportation to Treatment and Peer Support.
Who should apply for this program?
- Women with Stage I, II or III breast cancer with no children 18 and under living at home. Women with dependents should apply for our Simply Fight! program.
- All women with Stage IV (metastatic) breast cancer.
Please click here if you are not already a member to begin the registration process.